[nmglug] OT: Tax write-off receipts for Networking/PC gear

Sam Noble sam.noble at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 13:06:45 PST 2003

Let me know if this is inappropriate for this list;
Sorry for the late notice.
My friend and are I running a regularly recurring lan party at New Hope
Church (www.santafechurch.com). I'm a member of New Hope and we consider
the lanning a 'ministry' of the New Hopes. Not because anyone's going to
be preaching or anything, but rather because we consider it good to have
people visiting our office and meeting our members regardless of the
context.
The Promised Lan, as we call our parties could benefit from a good
switch or two and possibly even some upgrades for the game/file servers.
A client of mine was well pleased to find he could write-off some
hardware that he'd wanted to offload and it occurred to me that maybe
others would feel the same way.
So if you happen to have something you'd like to get rid of. And would
like to see it going to good use and managed by a GNU/Linux junkie. Drop
me a line and I'll try to get it marked as being from this year.
Also, you get to set the value of your gift. And unless you're really
unreasonable our treasurer won't be doing any price checking.

Thanks
Sam

Off the cuff, partial wish list:
Good switches (I'm dreaming of one of those pretty 24port jobs with one
or two Gigabit ports but even little 4-5port jobs help.)
Gigabit nics. (for the servers)
100TX nics.(for the newbies who don't get what 'lan' implies :D)
Wireless AP
Ram
Hard Disks
Fast Disk subsystem stuff (ATA raid cards, SCSI setups etc.)
Junk you'd like to write-off and might be better suited to living in New
Hope's closet than yours.

--
GnuPG Public key available at:
http://sam.noble.home.comcast.net/sams_publickey.gpg.asc