[nmglug] New member (and perhaps affiliate)

Bob Knight bob at bobknight.net
Tue Nov 18 07:14:52 PST 2003

Hi - good idea! Hopefully, I'll be able to make the meeting on
Thursday.

I am one of the founders of La Canada Wireless (see
http://lcwireless.org), a non-profit community wireless project
centered in Eldorado, but with members in Lamy, Cerrillos and the
south 14 area. We are committed to bringing low-cost high-speed
Internet access to communities that are otherwise unable to obtain it,
as well as to those who believe in non-corporate access. We are likely
on the verge of starting to have access points in Santa Fe proper,
FWIW. And, importantly, all of our labor is volunteered, for better or
worse :).

I'd like to ask that we be listed as an affiliate since we use
GNU/Linux software in a lot of our infrastructure (Linux, OpenBSD,
etc.) and are pursuing a network backbone that will be based on
embedded/traditional Linux or *BSD access points.

I'm also going to encourage LCWA members to join nmglug.

Cheers,
Bob