[NMGLUG] [balrog]about us; goals v.0.1

Sam Noble samn at peoplepc.com
Sun Oct 12 02:29:00 PDT 2003

Tear it apart gentlemen.
The New Mexico GNU/Linux Users Group

Is a group of people in the Santa Fe area of northern
New Mexico who are dedicated to the use of the
GNU/Linux Operating System [webteam:link up something
GNU/Linuxy here] and other Free Software.
We are overwhelmingly interested in computing through
the use of Free Software and the GNU/Linux system.

GOALS
Our primary intention is to grow the community of
GNU/Linux users in this geographical location; both in
their numbers and in the level of their expertise. Also
we intend to do it while having a good time.
To this end:
We intend to be a resource for anyone who desires to
use or learn about this world class  software.
This will include making software and support available
at our meetings for anyone interested in installing the
GNU/Linux Operating System.
We also purpose to be a constant resource for support
of Free Software via the Internet. In order to
accomplish this goal we will use both this website; on
which you will find a collection of tutorials,
descriptions of both group and individual projects
along with other aids.
 As well as our mailing list [webteam:link to list
here] by which we are available (albeit intermittently)
everyday and at all hours.
Perhaps even more importantly than our intention to be
available for first time users of Free Software we also
will attempt to be a resource for those currently using
the GNU/Linux system.
We will attempt to be a group whose excellence, the
quality of it's events, and the unsightly large doses
of pure geekiness will attract individuals who already
have experience, skill, and knowledge with regard to
Free Software and computing.
Furthermore we will discuss, encourage and create the
challenges which Free Software can solve. All with the
intention of increasing the knowledge and skill of our
members so that they in turn will be able to share
those skills and that knowledge with other and future
members of the group.
Not to mention, Chicks dig Linux!