[nmglug] Knoppix 3.3, Debian Unstable, #nmglug

Sam Noble samn at peoplepc.com
Tue Oct 21 10:42:01 PDT 2003

Hey, I'm getting frustrated with trying to get an .iso over dial-up.
Anybody care to bring me copy of 3.3 on Thursday night?

Also I'm really starting to get jealous of people running debian
unstable/testing. While my threshold has not yet reached the point where
I'm willing to spend the money on Comcast; it's getting close. In the
meantime; does anyone have theories about what would be a workable
system of keeping a desktop system up to date without being a serious
pain? I don't normally have *any* regular access to a broadband
connection (my office is even more stone-aged than my house) Is there
any way? I'm guessing even 2:00am cron jobs would not be able to handle
apt-get update, apt-get upgrade on unstable before morning right?

ps I'm still sitting on my thumb all by myself at irc.debian.org #nmglug
If you're not scared to be alone in a room with me; come hang out.