[nmglug] BarbieOS

Kevin Karns kkarns at linuxmail.org
Sat Oct 25 08:28:56 PDT 2003

Wow!  Gnu/Barbie!  This gives me gnu hope in society.  Barbie never fails
to amaze me.

As I type this my daughters are playing "sister, sister" where two long
lost sisters find each other in the mall.

I've often mistaken Barbie as a rather brainwashed type of
person who would be never complain about continual reboots, virues,
or licensing fees (I've got a shopping card ... just charge it!).

I think my daughters may actually prefer this BarbieOS over the morphix
game distro that they've been using.

In a related subject this is a microsoft scheduler command that I used
to use to pop up a barbie web page on my coworker technician's desktops.
They were using W2K and didn't have "maximum cootie protection":

jt /sm \\targetpcname /saj runbarbie /sc domainname\domainadmin "domainadminpass" /sj ApplicationName="C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE" Parameters="http://www.barbie.com" /ctj Startdate=TODAY Starttime=NOW Type=Once Disabled=0

Oh yeah ... and don't forget that Erik won't have to shell out any
extra "dough" for software licensing for his breadbox kiosk appliance.