[nmglug] startx not runnig please a little help

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Fri Apr 9 13:19:37 PDT 2004

Andres Paglayan wrote:

> Finally went back to debian
> and the message now is fatal server error, no screens found.
> What to do?

I had lots of troubles with XFree86. I solved some of them with Knoppix. Knoppix
has some really good hardware detection and autoconfiguration tools.

I booted Knoppix and saved the /etc/X11/XF86config-4 that Knoppix created to my
hard drive, then compared the two config files.

Do you have a Knoppix CD? If not, I would be happy to burn you one.

Like what Sam said, send us your /etc/X11/XF86config-4 file.

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. Electrical Engineers.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1300 Luisa St Ste 23
Santa Fe NM 87505
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com