[nmglug] Re: Two Questions

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Wed Dec 15 12:44:15 PST 2004

wdn at lanl.gov wrote:
>>I'm running RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0.

I used to run Red Hat. I recomend upgrading to Debian.

>>1.  Is there a good utility for burning CDs with Linux that makes the
>>    process easy?

K3b

>>2.  Is there a good utility for watching DVDs under Linux?

I installed Kaffeine "A xine based media player" with the intension of using it for watching DVDs but have not tried it
with a DVD yet. I have used it and it works great for watching mpeg and avi movie files.

http://kaffeine.sourceforge.net/

>>Thanks,
>>
>>Dave Nystrom
>>

> Thought of another question.  Is there a good software package for Linux
> for doing personal finances i.e. similar to Quicken?  I don't use any of
> the internet access functionality of Quicken or investment stuff.

GNUcash. I have been using it for almost a year now. I like it.
http://www.gnucash.org

> Dave Nystrom

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1300 Luisa St Ste 23
Santa Fe NM 87505
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com