[nmglug] KDE menu update

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Thu Dec 23 22:06:58 PST 2004

Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 18:28 -0700, Mars DeLapp wrote:
>
>>When I install new software on my debian system, sometimes it appears on the KDE menu and sometimes it does not get
>>added. Anyone know why?
>

> Not all Debian packages support the 'menu' system --- that is, not all
> of them ship a file for /usr/lib/menu/.

Well, I tried installing the same package (penguin-command) on my home computer
and it shows up on the menu. It showed up under Debian|Games|Arcade

The menu on the home computer has a "Debian" item. On my work computer, I moved
everything that was under Debian to other places. For example: it didn't make
sense to me to have a Debian|Apps|Editors when I already had an Editors menu
item. It looks like that might have screwed things up.

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1300 Luisa St Ste 23
Santa Fe NM 87505
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com