[nmglug] Linus would call it "bad taste".

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Wed Jun 9 09:31:53 PDT 2004

This is what I do for copying to win machine.

# open the samba connection and waith for the prompt
# then put files there and quit.
smbclient //wserver/public backuperuser -U backuperpass -c  "prompt; cd
backup; put ${file}.sql.bak.bz2;  quit "

note I use
file=`date +%F`
to generate a unique name for that date's file.