[nmglug] samba,

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Mon Mar 15 08:58:38 PST 2004

There are a lot of considerations in writing iptables rules.  This is
barebones, and will probably do what you ask, but if your machine is
accessible from the internet, you should definitely read up on iptables
and take a good look at your current configuration before making any
changes.

iptables -I INPUT --dport 137:139 -j ACCEPT

more specific:
iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport 137:138 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 139 -j ACCEPT

You could also restrict who can connect:
iptables -I INPUT --dport 137:139 -s trusted.host.ip.address [or,
subnet/mask] -j ACCEPT

-Ed