[nmglug] web and email server setup

Josh Gentry jgentry at swcp.com
Sat Nov 6 06:50:43 PST 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 07:16:48PM -0700, Mars DeLapp wrote:
> Andres Paglayan wrote:
> >Here is the scenario,
> >I am setting a linux box at home so it can provide me web, email, svn,
> >remote work backup,  and other stuff
> >almost everything works, ...but,
>
> So what did you do for DNS?
>
> I have been browsing through BIND info and it has me totally baffled.

BIND is a beast.  Actually, if you are just setting up a caching server
to speed up requests, that's pretty easy.  Being authoritative for a
domain, however, is a different story.  Not impossible by any means, but
DNS is complex, and people don't tend to have a lot of experience with
it.

As usual, O'Reilly has a good book.

Josh
--