[nmglug] compliling in debian

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Tue Oct 12 12:47:42 PDT 2004

hi,
my production server is very thin, i don't have many packages on it,
I am having problems with hylafax,

from testing it just won't install giving configuration problems,

when instaled from stable everything seemed to work, but faxes weren't sent.
faxsetup, faxaddmodem, all configured ok, but will queue and modem
wont't dial,
tested with minicom and was ok,

then I tried compiling but it's saying that :
tried with these compilers:
     gcc cc ncc dcc xlc c89 gcc2 acc
but none of them were successful.
If your compiler is in a non-standard location, you can specify its
location in several ways:

I have gcc in /usr/bin/gcc and also tried giving the --with-CC=  option,
am I missing something to compile, I have gcc and gcclib1
which will be the package I need apt-get[ing] to compile C apps localy?

many Thanks,

--
Andres Paglayan
andres at paglayan.com
Ph: (505) 986-1561
Santa Fe, NM USA

Open Source is like Love. The more you share it the better it gets.