[nmglug] mortgage & loan calculator announcement

Karl Hegbloom karlheg at laclinux.com
Thu Oct 14 21:55:26 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 20:31 -0700, steven a wrote:
> > Hey, have you heard of Zephyr Basecamp?  What other financial
> > management, accounting, CRM, business management software is out there
> > for Linux?
> >

> well there's gnu cash which is like quickbooks+quicken i guess, but
> you've probably heard of that.

Yes, of course.  It's written in C with Guile Scheme as it's extension
language.  It needs work...  The Scheme could be done better, and
overall the program could probably be developed into something a small
business could use for doing books.

Here's the one I mentioned previously.  It's written in Ada, and uses
PostgreSQL (pronounce that "post squirrel") as the storage back-end.

 http://freshmeat.net/projects/zbcenterprise/

--
     Karl Hegbloom                |Instant Messenger (no email here)
(o_  Los Alamos Computers Support |Jabber: karlheg at jabber.org
//\   http://www.laclinux.com     | Yahoo: karlheg
V_/_  mailto:support at laclinux.com |   MSN: karl_hegbloom at hotmail.com