[nmglug] OT: in case you haven't heard

Karl Hegbloom karlheg at laclinux.com
Fri Apr 1 22:36:18 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 10:57 -0700, bill york wrote:
> paris hilton has been recruited to promote linux. in the words of my
> friend bruce, "i, for one, welcome our new bimbo overlords.
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/05/04/01/141218.shtml?tid=163&tid=106

Once a few years ago, on a Debian mailing list, someone posted a link to
a new banner ad for the Debian distribution.  It had a picture of a
woman dressed in black leather pointing a gun straight at the viewer.

I replied to the post, saying that "I don't like the lady with the gun."

Apparently that got a lot of people's attention, and suddenly many posts
about the ad began to appear...  One reply to my post said something
about that he was somewhat disappointed... because he thought I'd said
"lady with a gnu."