[nmglug] bitkeeper out, git in

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Thu Apr 21 15:22:00 PDT 2005

Sam Noble wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 18:52 -0600, Mars DeLapp wrote:
>
>>Ed Brown wrote:
>>
>>>The proprietary source code control system used for kernel development
>>>is to be replaced.  Read through to the end: ya gotta love Torvalds for
>>>his sense of humor.
>>>
>>>-Ed
>>>
>>>http://newsletter.infoworld.com/t?ctl=CFEA98:1F6C5CE
>>
>>Isn't the Git they are talking about the Gnu Interactive Tools?
>>http://www.gnu.org/software/git/git.html
>

> Hmm, I didn't get that impression at all. I'm pretty certain this 'git'
> is whole new thingy:
>
> README:
> http://kerneltrap.org/files/Jeremy/README
>
> MAILINGLIST:
> http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/15/overview/thread
>
> Funny about there already being a GNU project though...

I am pretty sure I read something several days ago that indicated it was the Gnu project.

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1300 Luisa St Ste 23
Santa Fe NM 87505
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com