[nmglug] Finding my other Linux machines

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 16:54:37 PDT 2005

Sam,

Here's the entry I added to /etc/dnsmasq.conf to have it read the ISC DHCP
lease file that was runing on my smoothwall router.  The static assignments
didn't seem to work because they didn't show in the lease file but an entry
in /etc/hosts on the dnsmasq machine solved that problem.  Hopefully you'll
find it useful.

[root at smoothwall root]# cat /etc/dnsmasq.conf
dhcp-lease=/var/state/dhcp/dhcpd.leases
cache-size=5000
filterwin2k

Cheers,