[nmglug] Re: CDROM Wheredit Go?

WA7BSZ wa7bsz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 15:02:58 PDT 2005

> I started as a very green beginner so I do not know if the CD-Rom  was ever
> working correctly.

Well, will it work to boot from?  Does it see any other CD or DVD?  Does the
BIOS recognize it?  If you get into the setup program (like press <del> to
enter setup, or F2 or whatever, at the start of the booting) does it show up as
a detected IDE unit?  If not, probably there is little hope of any software
change helping.  (Your BIOS setup program may work differently than this, and
if so, more discussion will be needed.)  Maybe a BIOS setting change would
help.  If it is recognized by the BIOS, then maybe a software setting is the
problem.  If you can boot Knoppix from it, but you don't see it under your
installed OS, then it can be fixed by software settings changes.