[nmglug] sftp

Anthony Martinez pi at pihost.us
Fri Feb 4 11:59:38 PST 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 08:21:56AM -0700, Ed Brown
carved this out of pure phosphors:
> sftp is kind of an ftp-like face for ssh/scp.  The sftp-server is really
> just a filter for sshd.  So it lacks the configurability of a real ftp
> service.  I don't know how you could do this, except possibly with ACL's
> / extended attributes, which I don't know much about.

You might want to look at rssh

 www.pizzashack.org/rssh/index.shtml

It's a restricted shell for ssh, only allowing sftp or scp, and might have
configuration for limiting users to directories

> -Ed
>

> On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 20:48, Mars DeLapp wrote:
> > When a user connects using sftp, is there a way to restrict access to only certain directories for that user?
> >
> > Mars

panic("kmem_cache_init(): Offsets are wrong - I've been messed with!");
        linux-2.2.16/mm/slab.c