[nmglug] screen shot

Sam Noble sam.noble at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 15:51:09 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 16:32 -0700, Ed Brown wrote:
>Did you try the 'PrintScreen' button on your keyboard?  It works on my
>gnome desktop, to get the whole screen, no choice of individual windows.

Interesting Ed, I've never seen the gnome screenshot keybinding work.
Though back in gnome 2.6 there was a screenshot item in the 'actions'
menu that also could  not be coerced to do just a window.

If your printscreen button works you might try alt+printscreen to get
just the selected window. (This is configurable in
gnome-keybinding-properties)

I'm all about the gimp method though as 99% of the time I take a screen
shot step 2 is to open it in gimp for adjustment...
--
GPG key F343E5FC (fingerprint:DF37 93BC AFEC 0A6A CC08  4A95 3790 8B4C
F343 E5FC)