[nmglug] Installing apt on RH8

Andreas andreas at lanl.gov
Wed Jan 12 21:56:00 PST 2005

That was very informative and convincing, Karl, thanks!  :-)

btw, after being very happy with my Debian install on my laclinux laptop
from Gary, I tried to install Debian on my workstation about 6 months
ago. I used the new installer for testing (back then beta, now a release
cadidate, I believe) and it was so easy, that I don't even remember
anymore what I had and did not have to do. Definitely searching packages
wasn't a problem, i chose a meta-bundle of packages the installer (or
aptitude) offered. Everything else I needed later was extremely easy to
'apt-get'. All hardware got detected without a problem.
To me the installer is no excuse anymore to not go with Debian.