[nmglug] Motion - Security camera setup

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Thu Jul 28 18:40:32 PDT 2005

Jason,

The secutity camera setup I have installed in my office is running
Motion on one of my debian boxes.

You can apt-get install motion

I have set up a USB camera (Logitech Quickcam 4000 pro) and IP network
cameras (Dlink DCS-900w wireless and Dlink DCS-900 hardwired).

The DCS-900 cameras are not so great. The pictures are not very good
compared to the Logitech camera. I would look for a better IP network
camera.

The web site for Motion is
http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. Electrical Engineers.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1300 Luisa St Ste 23
Santa Fe NM 87505
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com