[nmglug] Mailman

a_kaluta akaluta at zianet.com
Sat Jun 11 10:46:38 PDT 2005

Karl wrote: Thursday, June 09, 2005 2:38 PM
From: "Karl Hegbloom" <karlheg at laclinux.com>
To: <nmglug at nmglug.org>
Subject: Re: [nmglug] Mailman

>  sudo apt-get install apt-src
>  sudo apt-get build-dep mailman
>
>  apt-src install mailman
>  cd mailman-[Tab]
>  dpkg-checkbuilddeps
>  xemacs .

Karl;
Following your instructions,all is well, until
cd mailman-[Tab]
[Tab] evokes: mailman-2.1.5
                      mailman_2.1.5-8diff.gz
                      mailman_2.1.5-8dsc
                      mailman_2.1.5-orig tar.gz
alternately substituting [Enter] for[Tab] evokes
"no such file or directory."
trying cd /etc/mailman changes directories, perhaps to no avail ?

proceeding
dpkg-checkbuilddeps brings error: cannot read control file debian/control:
no such file or directory. also
appending [space] mailman. sans useful result.

Looking at man dpkg-checkbuilddeps
and trying the same with dpkg-checkuilddeps -B [control-file] no luck using
various substitutions for [control-file]
like mailman-file, mailman, and varied permutations bring

no productive results.
Karl will you offer any further helpful thoughts regarding this matter? ,
meanwhile, I continue an on-line searche,
Thank You.AnthonyK