[nmglug] md5sum debian sarge 3.1r0a quirk

Tom Rushton trushton at cybermesa.com
Sat Jun 11 21:28:18 PDT 2005

js at jasonschaefer.com wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I downloaded 3.1r0 on the 6th from a torrent link on debian.org,
> burned many copies and found, on install, the default entry for
> domain was "fuckyou.com"! This was concerning to say the least. So, I
> have now dl'ed the latest and want to verify the md5sum but can't
> find it ANYWHERE. Why debian.org does not host these or why I can't
> find them is a mystery. Has anyone found a reliable source for these
> md5's? If not could a few people send md5sums to compare? When we are
>  satisfied we could publish them in the forum for others to easily
> see.
>
> My results from mirror.kernel.org download:
> b49a7955be5e286eff873a9bd157793a  debian-31r0a-i386-binary-1.iso
> aa3279af427fd0c6dcbdcf08d0115d90  debian-31r0a-i386-netinst.iso
>
> Thanks Jason

I just subscribed to this list and am a rank newbie, so not too savvy.
I also just downloaded disk 1 thru a torrent link on debian.org: The
announce url was bttracker.acc.umu.se.  If I knew how to get the md5sum,
I'd be happy to provide it.  The download on disk 2 is just about
finished, too.
~TomR, Santa Fe