[nmglug] Mailman

a_kaluta akaluta at zianet.com
Sun Jun 19 13:53:18 PDT 2005

Dear club members;
I am attempting to join Apache2 to Mailman,  by
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin which is symlinked to
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman.
 illustrated:
 <VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot /var/www
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin

 <Directory  "/var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI  /n
    -MultiViews   +SymLinksIfOwnersMatch
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
<VirtualHost>
I have tried commenting out the various <directory>
options.
checked the file permissions except s options
added and removed group ownerships
I am not exactly clear on how the child processes change ownerships or if
here revelant.
Creating directories within apache2 such as /var/www/cgi-bin
or /var/www/htdocs
With the directories it is possible, seemingly,to Alias within The
RootDocument or Directory ,however, leaving oneApache2 directory for another
and Aliasing or ScriptAliasing to another directory.that is the rub.
Would I be misdirected to symlink from /var/www/cgi-bin (within Apache2) to
for instance /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin
I have set up that symlink but have not tinkered with it enough to eliminate
the possibility.
A penny for your thoughts. AnthonyK