[nmglug] cisco 678 nat and ssh to two machines,

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 17:21:09 PDT 2005

I've done a couple of things.

1.  Once connected to box a, I just ssh into any other box on my lan.

2.  Check out /etc/ssh/sshd_config (debian).  You can change the port that
sshd listens to then make another port forward on your router corresponding
to that port.

3.  Have the router do port translation for your additional boxes.  ie.
Router listens on an arbitrary port and forwards to box b/port 22.  This
works quite well for me because my work firewall blocks all port but 21, 80,
431 (ftp, http, https).  Since I don't have an ftp server at home I have my
router listen on port 21 and forward/translate to my home server on port 22.
Once in I just ssh to any other box on my home lan.

Cheers!

Tim Emerick