[nmglug] apache2

Karl Hegbloom karlheg at laclinux.com
Wed May 25 17:50:34 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 18:33 -0600, a_kaluta wrote:
> A bit cross-eyed from reading vhosts re:
> apache2.
> seens /usr/docs/apache2.examples/apache2 place vhosts at end of
> /etc/apache2/apache2.conf.
> other info place vhosts in /etc/apache2/sites-available soft  link to
> /etc/apache2/sites-enabled.
> any .
> I welcome your comments,.thanks. Anthony Kaluta

I like the second approach better.  It is what Debian's Apache2 package
does.  It is much more flexible.  There is also /etc/apache2/conf.d, and
the files in there are read after the modules are loaded, but before the
vhosts files are.

If you use mod_macro (and maybe mod_perl), you can make some fairly
sophisticated configurations that way.

--
Karl Hegbloom <karlheg at laclinux.com>
Los Alamos Computers, Technical Support