[nmglug] Raid Help

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 17:46:31 PDT 2005

After talking with some folks I've come to the conclusion that I'm using the
wrong level of raid.  I thought that by having an off-the-shelf ATA/133 RAID
controller (SiL) I was using hardware RAID.  Turns out that it's software
raid.  I had set it up to do mirroring (RAID1).  Nice reads......horrible
writes, especially for some of the database apps.

After checking out this site ( http://www.acnc.com/04_00.html ) it would seem
that I need to be using RAID10 for the database application.

I apologize for not specifying the correct information initially.  What I was
hoping for was that someone would prompt me with questions that I didn't know
needed to be asked.

Thanks for the help!!!!