[nmglug] dedicated server

Jason Davis mohadib at openactive.org
Sat Oct 1 21:18:04 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 18:42 -0600, a_kaluta wrote:
> Jason;
>  My immediate thoughts are I would like to be an administrative participant
> on an equal footing with both Jasons and others as far equally sharing
> interests, participation, costs,and equity are concerned and not merely a
> consumer of the product.I will talk to you about details Thursday.
>  I will try to lug the pa500 to the meeting  .You will be pleased to know  I
> have our good friends apache and postfix domiciled aboard the venerable
> device.Anthony

Anthony,
 This sounds good to me. This box is for nerding out on :p
So , as long as your activities do not disrupt others you can do what
you want. We have not fully decided what to do about admining the
server and how we will cater to every ones wants. We figure it best be a
democracy , so we hope to make any rules , about who gets root etc. ,
as a group in a fair manner. However , as we plan to offer free shells
and web space to any nmgluger/lugger we .... will have to be somewhat
cautious to ensure, that by accident or on purpose , that no user can
damage the system etc.

I also figure that we as a group can setup the server and make changes.
This could be something for us to do at the meetings.

Anyway , we can hammer out the details as at the meeting Thursday , but
I still encourage an active discussion on the mailing list as many of
our members don't make it to the meetings.

Glad to have you on board :p
jd