[nmglug] new to town

pi pi at pihost.us
Wed Sep 7 21:30:26 PDT 2005

yarddog wrote:
> Hello, I am new to New Mexico, in Albuquerque. We moved here from
> Illinois after one year of misery, never should have left Arizona (18
> years worth). Anyway, I am running Debian 3.1 on a dual booting system,
> a desktop Sony Vaio, P4 3.2, 1 gig ram, 240 gig hdd. What do most people
> run in here?

Personally, I run debian unstable, on a 2 GHz IBM Thinkpad A31p, with
512 megs of RAM, 60 gig internal drive and an 80 gig bay drive. I dual
boot with YellowTab Zeta - which is an interesting little OS on it's own
- highly tuned for audio and video, and the filesystem is out of this
world.

I have to DEAL WITH (and mostly dislike, for reasons best discussed off
list) Fedora Wh^H^HCore 2, Red Hate^H Enterprise, and Gentoo.