[nmglug] lost xserver upon upgrade is OK now, no network tho!

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Tue Apr 25 14:39:03 PDT 2006

On Saturday 22 April 2006 9:12 am, you wrote:
> On Friday 21 April 2006 10:06 pm, Bob Knight wrote:
> > Oops...that should be xserver-xorg-input-synaptics. Sorry. But
> > apparently you've got quite another problem now. Can you post the
> > Xorg.0.log?
> >
> > Bob
I finally bit the bullet and upgraded the whole Ubuntu distro to Dapper Beta
from cd and all windowing issues are fine now. I lost many apps in the
process but if I can get online I'll be able to reinstall everything.
Currently I can use wi-fi radar or gnome network manager or KWifi manager but
nothing will get me online. I have a good signal and wifiradar connects to
the ip address. The network settings are correct and KWifimanager shows a
mount point, full signal, etc., but no internet. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks