[nmglug] sound

Gary Sandine gars at laclinux.com
Sun Aug 13 21:05:12 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 21:02 -0600, Andres Paglayan wrote:
> I knew it, but I was betting it would ring "someone" a bell, ;-0
>
> On Aug 13, 2006, at 2:43 PM, BrianO'Keefe wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the input but "something" "somewhere" are a bit too
> > vague for my small mind.

One way... if your sound driver is snd_powermac (look at lsmod output),
make a file /etc/modprobe.d/local and put this line in it:

options snd_powermac option=value

You'll have to find out what "option" and "value" should be for your
sound driver.

Does restarting the sound server manually actually make sound start
working again?  If so, which sound server?