[nmglug] usb drive

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Tue Aug 15 12:04:45 PDT 2006

Hopefully someone can help on this. I'd posted about my weird usb drive
experience and now I have another issue.
I have a Fantom drive, 160GB with 3 partitions. One is extfs and the
others are hfs journalled for my OS X partition backup and my wife's
iBook backups. I have divide it so that the Linux partition is 40GB. I
have about 6GB of data on it but it is showing only 7GB of free space. I
double checked the drive with OS X disk utility and it actually has 40GB
capacity so I wonder where all the free space is. Any ideas on how to
check this. What Linux utility is equivalent to Mac Disk utility?
Thanks