[nmglug] Money question,

Ken Long ken at lectrosonics.com
Mon Dec 4 09:01:38 PST 2006

You can get a general estimate for free at http://www.salary.com.
They also have more specific (I won't say precise) estimates
available for a fee.

One thing to remember about salary and pay scales. You are worth what
someone is willing to pay. You can make yourself more valuable to an
employer or customer and thereby increase your worth. Each person's
pay is an individual thing. Salary calculators and surveys are only a
general guide. Your individual pay might vary greatly from what
salary.com says you "should" be getting but could still be an
appropriate value.

The magazine, Network World, also publishes an annual Salary Guide
issue. It can be helpful to see what other people are thinking about
but the exact numbers aren't necessarily meaningful for your specific
circumstance.

Ken Long