[nmglug] mplayer alsa

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Fri Dec 15 14:04:28 PST 2006

Anthony Martinez wrote:

> > Ack. That's a problem. Did you recompile your mplayer yourself? You
> > might want
> > to add support for alsa and esd if you did.

> > esd isn't really necessary now that alsa does dmix in-kernel.

> > module

Thanks Anthony. I had done my own install and that wasn't working as I
couldn't get the gui to work even tho I compiled it with the gui. I
installed it with my package manager, synaptic. I guess I could
uninstall with synaptic and reinstall from source. Advice?

PS. is there a way to enable alsa support without reinstalling?