[nmglug] 2nd nic

Lee Einer lee at dosmanosjewelry.com
Tue Jan 3 11:40:47 PST 2006

You may need to reconfigure your browsers to disable IPV6 if you are
accessing the internet through the Qwest DSL Modem. Their modems (the
Actiontecs, at least) do not support IPV6, whereas current versions of
Mozilla, Firefox and Konqueror use IPV6 by default. You can fix this in
Mozilla and clones by keying "about:config" (minus the quotes) in the
URL field and then correcting the settings. IIRC, the wording varies in
the config lines for various Mozilla browsers and versions, but should
fall under the "network" heading.