[nmglug] 2nd nic

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 21:49:01 PST 2006

All of the machines on our network will go through the usual corporate
router.  However, I would like access to the 2nd nic on the debian machine (
a router of sorts ) so I can specifically use the proxy service to access the
DSL connection.

Here's an example.  My overcrowded corporate WAN connection on our T1 can
only download at about 1mb/s but the Qwest DSL can download at 5mb/s.  I can
change my IE or firefox to use a proxy (on the debian machine) to achieve the
faster download without affecting any of the other corporate network
services.

Tim