[nmglug] gnome :\

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Fri Jul 14 21:51:23 PDT 2006

    BrianO'Keefe> strobedream wrote:
    >> OS X?

We promote the GNU project of a free s/w environment here.

    BrianO'Keefe> Yeah, I dual boot OS X and Ubuntu but never use OS X
    BrianO'Keefe> except for Mac on Linux. I really like XFCE and
    BrianO'Keefe> there's a Xubuntu distro too.

Although I would not choose to use it, I have occasionally tried to
dual-boot to see how useful OS X is, but I find that OS X has too
little s/w centrally available, even with fink.  You can run almost
all that you can get with a Debian system, but it's a lot of work to
get it on there, and I've been spoiled for the last many years by
running Debian.