[nmglug] Multi-Homed Linux and Routing

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 13:05:11 PDT 2006

I think I'm lost on "routes".  Forgive me if what I'm asking sounds uneducated.

  I'm assuming a route is how to get from here to a particular IP address. I don't want particular "routes" to run through eth1.

  What I want is all traffic coming from tinyproxy to run through eth1.  All other traffic will run through eth0.  I can tell tinyproxy to use eth1 for incoming / outgoing requests via it's config files.  I just don't want non-tinyproxy traffic using eth1.

  I'm confused.

mohadib <mohadib at openactive.org> wrote:
  you can send specific routes out of the other interface.

hth,
jd

http://mail.yahoo.com