[nmglug] Easy Ubuntu

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 10:06:59 PDT 2006

I think you might be talking about Automatix.  It's fairly  controversial.  I used it myself on my breezy install and it  worked great.  My Breezy works even better than it already did.

  You can search the ubuntuforums for "automatix tutorial" and find  it.  The one spot I had problems with was the instruction to wget  the actual automatix .deb.  Surf to the website in the  instructions and get the name of the current/latest .deb and substitute  that filename for the one in the tutorial.

  Here's a review for your use.

  Tim

Brian O'Keefe <okeefe at cybermesa.com> wrote:  Does anyone know about the Easy Ubuntu download? I hear that it works
both for ppc and Dapper and solves all the plug-in issues regarding
media, etc. I will try to remember to bring it up thursday.