[nmglug] using linux to record audio: voice

luis pena glyph_dtd at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 09:36:11 PDT 2006

I am using Ubuntu Dapper on a HP pavilion ze4300 (athlon xp + 512MB ram).

Does anybody have any opinions/suggestions on putting together a system for recording audio w/ Linux?

Are there any audio input peripherals out there that are Linux friendly?

Also, what software will I need? I have downloaded JACK and Hydrogen, but I am still experimenting with these apps and know very little about JACK and ALSA.

Thanks in advance.

Luis