[nmglug] ativa flash drive with u3 and iso9660 partition.. arrgg

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 15:57:23 PDT 2007

What I did with Windows XP (and might apply to linux) was to erase and re-create/format the Fat16 partition using the XP tools.

For linux I can imagine you just unmount /dev/scd0, unmount /dev/sda1, then repartition and reformat /dev/sda1.

I found it Interesting to know that the U3 partition automounted even under linux.  I thought that was a Windows only thing.

fwiw, my U3 drive is a sandisk micro cruzer and there are quite a few windows utilities for manipulating the drive on the sandisk site including re-loading the U3 software.

Tim