[nmglug] Linux-image updates

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Wed Apr 11 17:11:55 PDT 2007

My update notifier in Ubuntu informed me of several packages to update,
one of which was Linux-image-2.6.15-.53. I updated and restarted and got
a bunch of panel applets quitting and the Gnome Settings daemon not
starting. Fortunately that seems to have resolved itself thru no help
from me. the question I have is whether or not I can get rid of the
other 8 Linux-images, going back to version 2.6.12-28.12 as they are
taking up almost .5 gig of space at over 60mb each.
thanks for the help in advance and thanks for all the advice on my disk
space questions.
Brian
PS-see the news flash from Microsquish and the security problems and
patches already exposed in Vista?