[nmglug] CMYK?

mohadib mohadib at openactive.org
Sun Apr 15 17:29:48 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 16:33 -0600, Sam Noble wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 00:46 -0600, mohadib wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >  Anyone use Linux for prepping images etc for 4 color printing around?
> > If so...I was hoping for any input you have , about any of the process
> > and specifically about getting a monitor calibrated and converting to
> > CMYK. Anyone?
> >
> > I'm currently downloading Krita - I read that it supports
> > CMYK and ICC color profiles.
>
> I have no idea, but I just happened to come across this oldish looking
> gimp plugin, and thought I'd pass it along in case it's helpful for what
> you're trying to do.
>
> http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/separate.shtml

Thanks Sam. I did give that plugin a go. It offers very limited
functionality , but its better than nothing. The current unstable
version of the gimp has everything I want. So , Ill just have to wait
a while I guess.

BTW.. Kritia seems to have great potential but its still a bit
crashprone atm.

Thanks,
jd