[nmglug] Group file altered

Tom Rushton trushton at cybermesa.com
Sat Aug 11 16:14:50 PDT 2007

Combining the suggestions from Sam, Gary, and Mars almost got me there.
Each suggestion allowed me to figure out several more of the group ids.
But I eventually broke down and reinstalled.  Comparing the resulting
group file to what I had managed to piece together showed me that I had
achieved about an 85% success rate, but it wasn't good enough to restore
full functionality.  Fortunately, I had a backup of the home directory
and didn't lose anything but time.  I learned a lot in the process,
though, including the importance of backups.  Thanks to Sam, Gary, and
Mars for the suggestions.
~Tom Rushton