[nmglug] Wengophone

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Wed Jan 31 12:15:47 PST 2007

You know, I don't think ldd tells you where a program is looking for
shared libraries, as much as telling you where it found them.  And I
believe it's /etc/ld.so.conf and/or the files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
that tell the OS where to look for shared libraries, kind of like
$PATH says where to look for executables.  (At least redhat/fedora
uses those locations.)  (And please correct me if this is wrong.)

You may not care to pursue this anymore since you have ekiga working,
but if you do:

grep -r /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib /etc/ld.so.conf*

and if that directory doesn't show up anywhere, well, that would be a
problem.  If it does, then maybe the problem like Gary mentioned is
that qtwengophone was built using a different glibc, or in a different
enough environment that it's not worth trying to resolve the dependencies.

-Ed