[nmglug] Wengophone

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Wed Jan 31 13:01:17 PST 2007

    >> Thanks Gary, it does: libQtGui.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4

    >> Gary Sandine wrote:
    >>> This might show you where: ldd $( which qtwengophone )

    Ed> I think things got sidetracked here.  The file causing
    Ed> problems was libQtUiTools.so.4., not libQtGui.so.4.  Run ldd
    Ed> again to see where qtwengophone is looking for
    Ed> libQtUiTools.so.4.  Probably the same place.  If so, try Lee's
    Ed> symlink command again, substituting filenames.

[...]

There has been a lot of this, largely based on guessing what gets
loaded.  I didn't follow it all closely, but I thought I would add a
tip on what I do.

One of my favorite tools for these things is "strace" -- "strace
commadn" will print a trace of all system calls that get invoked.  You
can pore over that to see what gets loaded.  There is tons of info,
but some grepping usually gets me there.