[nmglug] hard disk usage

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Fri Jul 13 14:12:54 PDT 2007

I assume you're being light hearted with that? I certainly meant nothing
other than gaining as much input as possible so that I don't screw up
something irreparably, as I often do.
I can probably get rid of the suite but when I downloaded the source
code for Firefox and built it and T-Bird, the mozilla directory was the
directory in which I built both.
I had tried to clean that directory once to get rid of build files and
it completely hosed my Sunbird app which does not work to this day so I
had to start all over.
Being on PPC architecture, I have to build from source often as the
binaries don't exist. Getting to Firefox 2.0 was weeks of effort on how
to build with the mozilla tools as it won't use GTK and normal stuff so
the usual "configure, make, make install" do not do a damn thing.
Messing with those directories is scary for me.
I appreciate all advice, especially yours Ed. ;-)