[nmglug] drive problems

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 23 08:27:04 PDT 2007

BrianO'Keefe wrote:

> Briefly it's 3 partitions created with OS X disk utility. All 3 mount in
> Linux but 1, the 1 I need, does not mount in OS X.
> How can I mount this partition as rw so I can get rid of some excess
> crap and get to the files I need?

'Too full' drives sound like a red herring, deleting files in order to
get to files just doesn't make sense.  I'm guessing you're talking
about HFS+ filesystems, which from what I gather, is only marginally
or recently supported under linux.  In fact, with marginal support,
trying to mount read/write under linux could make matters worse.  If
you just want to get the data off, mounting read-only should be
adequate.  There is some good info, including about trying to repair
HFS+ filesystems from linux, here:
<http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_hfsplus>

-Ed