[nmglug] Linux certification

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Sun Jun 3 17:52:18 PDT 2007

I was checking Boston U's online Linux courses to see if they might work
for me. Then I saw the requirements! Check the OS'es! How do you learn
Linux on a Mac or Windoze box? Of course Unix on a Mac but Windoze?

Linux+™ Certification Second Edition (Part 1): Linux Introduction

Course Type: Self-paced Courses
Estimated Time of Completion: 2 hours 14 minutes
Language: English

In this course, you will obtain an understanding of the history of Linux
and manage user and group accounts.Students should have up to 24 months
of professional computer support experience, preferably with 6 to 12
months involving Linux.

Objectives:

    * In this course, you will obtain an understanding of the history of
      Linux and manage user and group accounts.

Hardware and Software Required:

    * Browser Firefox 1.x
    * Browser Other: Safari 1.x
    * Browser Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
    * Operating SYSTEM MacOS X 10.3.x
    * Operating SYSTEM MS-Windows XP, 2000, OR 2003 server
    * Flash Player 8
    * Pentium III WITH 500 MHz
    * 128MB RAM
    * 256K connection (broadband recommended)