[nmglug] POP3 Server::Request for Info

luis pena glyph_dtd at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 20:59:40 PDT 2007

Sorry everyone about the blank email as well.

Ed,

You are correct in your three assumptions:
>  - allow users to get mail via pop3s or https from outside the firewall
>  - not allow internet access to internal exchange server
>  - use linux amap (as much as possible)

Also, after a couple days of research I concur:
> The real problem is the organization's choice to use exchange.

The exchange system has been designed to "not play well" with others. I have come to the conclusion that this endeavor may be fruitless and a waste of precious time. Again I will reiterate - the problem is exchange. I thank you, gentlemen, for your time and comments.

Luis Pena

"Edward F. Brown" <ebrown at lanl.gov> wrote: Sorry for the empty mail.  Also, I didn't respond to the ldap question.
Looking for more info about how 'outlook webmail' handled active directory
authentication led me to this site:
http://systembash.com/content/outlook-web-access-apache-proxy/
which says that 'Outlook Web Access', or OWA, has to run on the exchange
server itself.  But it does offer a way to configure apache to be a proxy.
 You might also look at this site:

-Ed